Welcome

Thank you for using Aeon's forum. Please make sure to read and follow our rules.

You are welcome to register in order to gain access to some useful parts of the forum. We especially recommend it if you are a guild leader or second-in-command. In that case we will add your account to the Leaders and SiCs group. This will allow you to give input on alliance policies, and monitor for complaints on alliance members, who could happen to be in your guild.

If you would like to join Aeon with your guild, please read about our requirements and application procedure.

Latest topics
» Cawwot dofus quest line
by sterredag Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:04 pm

» Emerald dofus questline
by sterredag Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:39 pm

» Ice dofus questline
by sterredag Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:37 pm

» Application -Death Before Dishonor-
by Gasp Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:58 pm

» leaving
by sterredag Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:27 am

» selling everything for half avarage price
by sterredag Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:51 pm

» sell ap bouncy ring
by denboogschutter Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:38 pm

» delth01 (Dimeordie) Guild The Spirits Within
by Nampies Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:01 pm

» Blacklisted (Alta) and Nintendo (Alta)
by Nampies Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:53 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:46 am

(Horsemen of the Acapolypse)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(Horsemen of the Acapolypse)

Post by Tolonen on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:11 am

Hello,

I did not expect that my first post in this section would be about so serious things but what i whitnesed today and yesterday called for some reaction.
So basicaly there seems to be some serious issue between some of polish players in Aeon. It looks like a certain person is hated by others and whenever he speaks in /a ugly comments follow. The situation escalates quickly, more and more polish players join the chat, throwing insults and swearwords both in polish and english. Moreover, they do not stop at harassing just said person, they insult other chat users, throw rude, racist comments, spam nonsense just to show they dominate the chat.
The situation is not pleasant to me, i am a polish player myself, i understand more of what i see in /a than english epeakers and believe me, this looks serious.
We have been inviting every guild that wanted to join, no matter their reputation and maturity level and as a result we got a garbage of an aliance chat. If the situation continues and becomes unbearable to me i will be forced to close the /a chat. It will basicaly exclude me from any future alliance activity and i would hate to do it but if there is no other option for me i will not hazitate.
I am ashamed of the situation to the point that if i were the leader of the alliance a certain guild would be kicked instantly since they are nothing but trouble.
But anyways, i will not bring any names or quotes yet (i have copied yesterday's conversation), i just want to hear opinion of other Leaders/SiCs. If it is deemed relevant i will provide evidence.

And maybe this is also a good situation to discuss the shape of our /a chat in general? The recent update brought us a tool to control it. Maybe it would be a good thing to use it?
Looking forward to see your opinions.
Cheers.

Tolonen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: (Horsemen of the Acapolypse)

Post by Patriczi on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:17 pm

The problem most are "Horsamen's" at me listens to a lot of negative words. Equally, it is often just a big spam from them and their alt's. I'm getting enough the situation on the alliance chat, and I think that adjudicates matters that are not addressed in the chat only to "Ankama box" as soon switching off chat.

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/142652775894831/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eslanta on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Sadly there has been a lot of offensive behavior lately in /a. It got to the point where a SIC actually kicked a member of their guild for offensive behavior towards myself and another.

Many are seeing it an easy access to act childish and immature and be damned the reactions or corrections. They do not follow the base line rules, though reminded frequently. I personally have not been keeping track of which guild the offenders are from as I don't normally have time for that, but I will start taking down names of repeat offenders and then find out their guild and bring it to their guild leaders attention.

I don't see an easy solution to this personally. Kicking a guild because of the actions of a few members doesn't give them a fair chance to deal with the issue on their part. I would recommend bring it to the guild leaders attention that his members are doing unwarranted bad behavior in /a and let them know that it will not be acceptable and that if it isn't corrected internally within the guild in a given amount of time that actions will be taken within the alliance and that guild will be removed. You have to give them the chance to correct a bad behavior before jumping to the worst punishment.

Just my opinion on the matter. I'd still like to hear everyone else's.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duos-Bandaid on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:35 am

I have to admit that I've actually had my alliance chat off for a while now Neutral so I can't really say I've seen what you mentioned but I did turn it off because of people bringing personal arguments and name calling into /a chat. I'd have to agree with Eslanta the best thing is to take a record of it and bring it to the attention of the guild leader. I'm guessing asking them to take it out of chat didn't work x.x?

<3
Duos-Bandaid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate-Bay on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:56 pm

I think when accepting a guild, we should ask for a list of their officers whom we can contact if their members misbehave. We also need to be clear about the rules of the /a channel. I think we currently disallow trading messages unless the item is out of stock in markets and hard to farm by popular standard. Maybe we should also make it a rule to discourage using /a for arguments, vulgarity, or long conversations that don't benefit most members of the alliance.

I don't think we should be more selective when accepting guilds, because we need more numbers to win KOTH. Some people have trouble obeying or being nice when they join a new alliance, but I think this problem can be mostly solved by what I said in the first paragraph. New guilds can also strengthen the alliance in many other ways besides KOTH, once we solve the chat problem.

I understand your frustration, but I hope we can all keep alliance chat ON and help make it friendly. We will try to take back some of our territories, so it should be an exciting time.
Pirate-Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RAJ-rios on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Hopefully my enforcement of the rules since assuming leadership has changed this situation, if anything more happens please do not even hesitate to let me know.  My hammer of justice swings swift and hard.  

In the pants.

RAJ-rios

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eslanta on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Okay Thor. Wink 

I think if we have a list of leaders and SIC to talk to that could help in the future when issues arise within the alliance. Leaders and SIC's usually know their members fairly well. Someone within the guild will be able to talk to them and calm them or reprimand them in a manner that is appropriate with the situation.

I don't necessarily think someone should be kicked from their guild, but having rights removed and put on a probational period might help to curb the amount of bad behavior and foul language. (Can you tell I'm a mom? :p) You have to give them the opportunity to correct a behavior before you can expect them to behave perfectly if not better.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolonen on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Provided the guild leaders are more loyal to the aliance (which sometimes means people who they would never interact with if it were not for the /a chat) than to their guildmates (meaning people who they like, are friends with).
Yeah, i am pesimistic. For some guilds we are just a way of having strong perc defences and they do not care much about rules.
Maybe i am totaly wrong but i get "inspired" by [21:30] (Alliance) Ichigo-San: Ill do what I want

Tolonen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eslanta on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:26 pm

I wouldn't judge everyone based off of Ichi. He's kind of a PITA on a good day, so don't pay him too much mind. He says and does things to get a rise out of people. If you let him get to you he wins.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top