Federa vis Unita Rosal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

Thank you for using Aeon's forum. Please make sure to read and follow our rules.

You are welcome to register in order to gain access to some useful parts of the forum. We especially recommend it if you are a guild leader or second-in-command. In that case we will add your account to the Leaders and SiCs group. This will allow you to give input on alliance policies, and monitor for complaints on alliance members, who could happen to be in your guild.

If you would like to join Aeon with your guild, please read about our requirements and application procedure.

Latest topics
» Cawwot dofus quest line
by sterredag Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:04 pm

» Emerald dofus questline
by sterredag Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:39 pm

» Ice dofus questline
by sterredag Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:37 pm

» Application -Death Before Dishonor-
by Gasp Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:58 pm

» leaving
by sterredag Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:27 am

» selling everything for half avarage price
by sterredag Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:51 pm

» sell ap bouncy ring
by denboogschutter Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:38 pm

» delth01 (Dimeordie) Guild The Spirits Within
by Nampies Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:01 pm

» Blacklisted (Alta) and Nintendo (Alta)
by Nampies Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:53 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 54 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:53 am

Aeon's archive

3 posters

Go down

Aeon's archive Empty Aeon's archive

Post by Mykan Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:24 am

I thought it would be worthwhile posting some information about the history of Aeon. As an alliance we have had ups and downs and continued to grow and evolve, as we must. It is important to remember where we started and why as we continue to journey along. This history may be brief in places but a large amount of blood, sweat and probably tears as gone into Aeon from the alliance leaders, numerous guild leaders and officers and the many loyal members who faithfully defend prisms and perceptors.

Let me start with a disclaimer, I apologise if I have missed a guild in my memories and will happily make edits if politely reminded.

Aeon begin just before the alliance update in 2013. Many guilds were trying to plan out what they should do when the update began. There were strong signs that several power guilds were going to form alliances with at least one of those being almost exclusive in a small PvP clique planning to dominate the entire server to the exclusion of everyone else. As such a few guilds took action to stand against this by uniting the "mid-level guilds" at the time into a united front. 

This philosophy of numerous smaller guilds working together has been the backbone of Aeon.

While more then the guilds I list may have had this idea the 2 guilds I am aware of that actively sort participants in such an alliance was Blitzkrieg led by Bellanc and Diamonds in the Rough led by Mykan. As both had the same idea it didn't take long before they bumped into each other trying to rally some guilds and quickly joined forces. There was initially 10-15 guilds with hopes we could grow to 20 when the update hit if we were lucky (wow did we under-estimate what would happen). 

Starting guilds I recall in the pre-discussions were the 2 mentioned, Night Rage, Flower Power, Ooh Rah, Hakuna-Matata, My Kung Fu is Better, Ancient Breeze, Wanted, Italia and Death before Dishonor. Many guilds we hadn't yet spoken to quickly joined Aeon in the first couple hours/days after the update.

As an alliance needs a leader Bellanc was chosen by those leaders from the starting guilds and we were ready for the update. Another thing that happened leading up to the update was Brambs farmed a huge amount of materials for alliance prisms. Once the update began Aeon was the second or third alliance created. Several members from Diamonds in the Rough, Night rage and Blitzkrieg were placed around the world with prisms they had made/traded and the majority from Brambs (he had approx. 100 prisms for the alliance within minutes of the update). Territory was claimed very quickly and Aeon had been born.

Initially Aeon was a powerhouse at KOTHS and played defense while the server founds its feet after the update. As other alliances added guilds and server dynamics and alliance rules changed the power on the server ebbed and flowed.

We have had some ups and downs usually at opposite times to the ups and downs of our main rival, Guard. During one of our down times we agreed to merge Aeon with Swingfly's alliance to try and counter Guard's growing domination. This saw a change in alliance leader to Veldin (Ooh Rah) as voted by guild representatives. As Veldin was not an alliance leader this require RAJ-rios to step down as Ooh Rah leader for Veldin. When Veldin stepped down RAJ-Rios took over the alliance as he resumed his guild leadership. Some time later another leadership change came about and guild representatives chose Pirate-bay from Knights who say Ni.

Aeon has continued to grow and adapt, it is often considered one of the more friendly alliances with a view to pvm as well as pvp.

Last edited by Mykan on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:38 pm; edited 4 times in total

Mykan

Back to top Go down

Aeon's archive Empty Re: Aeon's archive

Post by Pirate-Bay Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:55 am

Thanks for the great post. It brought a lot of nostalgia and also taught me some things I didn't know. I'm sure many of our old and new members would appreciate reading it.

Just a little correction. Knights Who Say Ni was actually not one of Aeon's starting members. In the beginning of the AvA update my guild accepted an invitation to THK/Territory Hunters Guild(?) led by White-Shroom, which turned out to be a very short-lived alliance. About two weeks later, after most of THK members had given up in the competition, I left it to join Aeon and was accepted. I remember that at the time it was a little challenging to convince Bellanc and other leaders that I was truly interested in helping Aeon, since I had joined in some of THK's attacks on Aeon prisms before.

Of course, since then, I have fought many battles as a Aeon member and leader, and I've also witnessed many members' contributions to the alliance. I hope I have shown that I deeply care about Aeon and our members.
Pirate-Bay
Pirate-Bay

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykan Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:16 am

Thanks Pirate. Have made the correction, I was checking early ankabox messages and saw your name in group so took a guess. I actually wrote down the starting guilds but cant find the file since I changed computers.

Mykan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilwine Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:17 pm

I enjoyed reading the history and appreciate you taking the time to type it out Luke.  I especially enjoyed the part about Brambs and all the prisims he put out.  I remember that day.  There were a few members working with him and cheering on the Alliance.

I also was happy to see the word "friendly" used when this alliance was formed as that was my most important concern and still is. 

Nice read and thanks......

Aprilwine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum